Important notice to our clients and the community in the Cowichan Valley
The team at Sitka Veterinary Services is doing everything we can to continue providing care for our patients. As more information about the COVID 19 arises we will be adjusting our protocols as necessary. Our focus is limiting contact with clients while still providing quality care for our patients in their home. We have limited the appointments being offered to patients that have an illness, or medical condition, or require end of life care. In other words we are not offering routine wellness exams or vaccinations for adult pets. Although we are offering vaccines to puppies and kittens still.
We have reduced office hours to 9am-2pm, Monday to Friday until further notice.
In order to continue providing service our biosecurity measures include, but are not limited to:
- We ask all clients that if they are sick, have travelled within the last 30 days and/or have been in contact with someone who may be positive for COVID19 to let us know ASAP as we will likely reschedule the appointment.
- When possible, we are doing appointments outside for our canine patients. Please have an area prepared. A covered deck/patio, garage, barn etc including a surface that is easily sanitized.
- Feline patients should be confined to a kennel/small room where we can examine them without the client present.
- We are wearing gloves, masks and boot covers. We will be keeping as much distance as possible during an exam and ask that the client leave the area whenever possible.
- Please only have one client present during the appointment.
- We may call upon arrival to discuss details of the appointment and/or discuss medical history of your pet(s). Please be sure to have your phone readily available during our expected arrival time.
If you have any questions and/or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. We are doing our best to keep our community, clients and staff safe so that we can continue to provide veterinary care to our patients during this time.
Sitka Veterinary Services
24 hour veterinary emergency clinics on Vancouver Island are:
947 Langford Pkwy, Victoria
Central Island Veterinary Emergency- 250-933-0913
6550 Metral Drive, Nanaimo
VCA Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital- 250-475-2495
760 Roderick St, Victoria