Sitka Veterinary Services recommends the minimum vaccines necessary to produce immunity in your pet, based on current research. Vaccines are important for disease prevention and are generally very safe, but vaccine side effects can occur. We will keep you informed of any potential risks or changes in the vaccine protocols for your pets.
Vaccine protocols are individual for each cat and dog, and are often designed or adjusted based on the following criteria:
- Risk of exposure
- Legal requirements for vaccinations
- Previous vaccines
- Previous vaccine side effects
- Medical history
- Titer testing
Sitka Veterinary Services is now able to offer cost effective vaccine titer testing in the home. The benefits to vaccine titer testing are:
- Titer testing can prevent over-vaccinations. The test can determine if a dog needs additional vaccination.
- The titer test can determine the vaccination status of a dog with unknown vaccination history.
- The titer test can determine if puppies have received adequate immunity for vaccination.
Contact us to arrange for a vaccine protocol update for your cat, dog, puppy, or kitten, and keep your pet protected.